Today is the 31st of October.. and you know what that means... its officially Halloween! To celebrate we've found this deliciously creepy recipe for you from www.countryliving.com
1/2 Cup of Ground Chocolate Wafers
4 Tablespoons of Sugar
5 Tablespoons of melted butter
2 packages of softened cream cheese
1 Cup of Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 teaspoon of grated orange zest
1 Cup of sour cream
Yellow Food Colouring
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
2. Combine cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a medium bowl; stir well. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom and sides of prepared tart pan. Bake until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
3. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl, until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and making sure to scrape sides of the bowl. Add orange zest and sour cream and beat until just blended.
4. Add 4 drops of yellow food coloring and stir well to blend. Remove 1/2 cup of the cheesecake batter and place into a small bowl. Add 5 drops of yellow food coloring to the 1/2 cup batter and stir well. Spoon into a resealable bag.
5. Pour light yellow batter into baked tart crust and smooth top. Snip a very small corner from bag with darker yellow batter. Pipe random spots of batter on top of the tart in a variety of sizes to make the cheese holes. Bake tart until lightly puffed and center is just set, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with Chocolate Rats.